Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm Back...Just in time for the end of Marvel's Civil War!

Okay, okay. I'm back. Thanks for all the great posts and emails. Yes, I know I have been gone for quite a while. No, I haven't given up. Here go the excuses…

As most of you Atlanta, GA readers know, my wife and I have sold our comic book store. After 16 years of sweat and toil we have finally let our baby go. It wasn’t an easy decision, but we knew it was the right one to make. Our focus for the past few years has been developing our web business. After trying to be dual focused for so long, we knew it was time to dedicate ourselves full time to it. So the day after Thanksgiving, my wife and I signed the final papers and sold our baby (or teenager) to the new parents. We have been competitors and friends of theirs for years and are very happy with our choice.

I want to make it clear that I am in no way leaving the comic book industry. I am now dedicating myself to writing. If things go as planned I should be able to let you know about a few up and coming projects I have in the works. And with all the extra money I am going to receive when I prove I am the father of Anna Nicol’s baby, it should be a lot easier.

Also, as I mentioned, we are dedicating ourselves to our online business. For those of you who don’t know, we sell comic books and related items at http://www.heroesdirect.com/servlet/StoreFront . It has been quite tedious getting all the web design and inventory management figured out (any volunteers out there?). Until we get it finished, we would appreciate any support and business you can give us. We have a pretty strong customer base right now, but can always use more.

Much like a regular store, we take preorders from Previews (this way you can get discounts), or you can set up a pull box with us. Just give us a list of the titles you want and we will pull them weekly for you. Every time you get $25.00 or more in your box, we will mail them to you with FREE shipping! That’s right FREE! This way you get all the benefits of a local store and aren’t screwed with shipping. If you are interested check out the web page and drop us and email.

To all our former brick and mortar customers, I want to take the time to thank you. We did not get the opportunity to thank most of your personally. This is our only regret. You guys have been our family and we will always be grateful.

For all you guys who aren’t from Atlanta and want to read more gossip and crap about comics, I’m getting there.

So much has happened since my last posting. Joss Whedon is no longer doing the Wonder Woman movie; so we don’t have to worry about the bad Diana choices. Then there’s that Ghost Rider movie….the new Fantastic Four….300... Oh and did you hear HBO is going to make a series out of the Preacher comics. And, Brian K Vaughan is going to start writing for the television show Lost.

Check back tomorrow, I have just finished reading the end of Marvel’s Civil War. I have been dying to bitch (I mean talk) about it. Viva Captain France....I mean America....oh...I'll wait till tomorrow. (and yes I am joking...take it easy my French friends.)

Richard

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rich...

Believe it or not, you'll be missed (even if you tend to shy...or should I say RUN...away from overtly controversial topics...I'll let you figure that one out). My Wednesday afternoons just won't be the same.

As for Civil War...is it just me, or did Marvel take the low road. 6 issues of destroying private and public property, and all of a sudden....WHOOSH!!!...Cap looks round and has a revelation!!! My.....How Convenient!!!! (The writers must have been clamoring for more money.)

It appears to me that Marvel took Civil War down the same road DC has taken "52"...a great idea, that they seem to have given up on.

In any case.....Good luck in your future endeavors. Keep in touch!!!

5:08 PM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger 1 Right Opinion Comics said...

Thanks for the kind words Bob. Who me run?

Yeah, I agree with your opinion of Civil War. I was really expecting more.

Talk to you soon.

2:54 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download The Departed at CinemaNow

Powered by Blogger