Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Iron Man: Foggy and The Phoenix CLONES?

Some more Iron Man Movie News.

Director Jon Favreau (Foggy from Daredevil), has asked Famke Janssen (Jean Grey from X-Men) to be the love interest for Tony Stark. She would be playing Bethany Cabe who first appeared in Iron Man Vol. 1, #117.

Cabe and Stark meet at a convention and quickly become romantically involved (fancy for "get it on"”). Cabe is also one of the first people to figure out that Iron Man is not just Stark's body guard but Stark himself. She is also the woman who helps Stark overcome his alcoholism.

I am not sure Janssen is the right choice. We all know that Famke has the talent and body to be in a superhero movie (and apparently a post sex-change dude in Nip Tuck). However, come on, she's Jean Grey for God's sake! For us geeks it was hard enough seeing Rebecca Romijn-Stamos in Punisher after she was in the X-Men movies. But now that I think about it, who cares? They are both easy on the eyes.

To fix this, all Favreau needs to do is have her be a clone of Jean Grey. That way Foggy and The Phoenix can “"get it on!"”

Also, Terrence Howard will be in the movie as Jim Rhodes (War Machine).

The Movie is set for a May 2, 2008 release.

What do you think?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger James Meeley said...

I think they'd be better off with "no name" actors in those roles. Nothing against Famke, but we need some new blood in the roles of superheroes. I mean, Hugh Jackman was n't very well known before Wolverine and look how that turned out. Or what about the guy who plays J. Jonah Jameson in the Spider-Man films (I'm blanking on his name right now)?

I know that those in Hollywood like to have stars with "name power" to fill movie house seats, but if you cast the same actor in so many different roles within the same sub-genre, it makes the whole process look very incestuous and will detrack from the overall enjoyment of the movie.

1:42 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger 1 Right Opinion Comics said...

I agree James. It used to be that Hollywood blockbusters went out of their way to get no name actors. Directors felt they would take away from the overall story.

I think Favreau is making this choice because he and Famke are friends and have worked together in the past. Plus, she is a great actress.

I still feel the best thing going for this movie is Favreau. He is a great director. If you haven't checked out his films, do so.

Richard

4:26 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

I lost your link when I changed formats, but I added you back now.

As for Ms. Jannsen, she was also the bad girl from the first Bond movie with Bronsan.

7:21 PM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not really a big fan of hers. As far as her casting is this movie, I can't really judge one way or the other, until I see it really. The one low spot of Batman Begins was Katie Holmes. But I think Jannsen is a better actress.

I wasn't crazy about her as Jean Grey, but it worked out well enough.

But seriously, can't we get a rocking Captain America movie? Geez. I want to see Cap' kicking nazi ass!

5:52 AM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download The Departed at CinemaNow

Powered by Blogger